When I moved into my new place the sink in the kitchen was running slow. So this weekend I decided to take things into my own hands and tackle the sink. I didn't want to just get some chemical drain cleaner for two reasons: 1 it is bad for the pipes, and 2 my place is so small I didn't want to overwhelm myself with the smell and chemicals. So I looked on the internet for some home-made drain cleaner ideas.
The first one I tried was simply baking soda and vinegar down the sink. After using the whole bottle of vinegar I decide this wasn't working. So I went back to the drawing board and found this "recipe."
For one sink combine: 1/4 cup baking soda, 1/4 cup salt, and 1Tbsp of cream of tartar. Pour down drain. Over powder pour 2 cups bowling water. Let sit 30 min. Then run fresh water down the drain.
And viola! It worked. Plus no noticeable smell, and I wasn't inhaling noxious fumes. And bonus - so much cheaper than a bottle of drain cleaner. So next time you have a clogged drain give this a try. If anyone else has any drain cleaning ideas just post them in the comments.
Monday, August 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Followers
My Blog List
-
-
September7 years ago
-
Larkin Family Vacay10 years ago
-
We are Alive!13 years ago
-
-
Love Came Down14 years ago
-
-
-
Out from the fog...16 years ago
-
-
Starting Senior Year17 years ago
-
Beautiful kids!17 years ago
-

Hey! Thank you for your comment. I really appreciate your kind words of encouragement. It really helps to have a fellow believer, like you, reach out to offer support.
ReplyDeleteHope things are going awesomely in your part of the south! Have a great week!