Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring Break

I have always been bugged that I need to write a book, while I don't have time for that I am going to try to blog.

This week I am on Spring Break, and it is wonderful.  I have been struggling a lot with new teacher blues this year, but I think I might be starting to work my way out of them.  This week I have been able to get things done, like today I did my taxes.  I have truly enjoyed my break, but I am starting to miss my students, they lend a bit of excitement to my otherwise boring life.

I have been thinking about my future a lot this week.  Specifically what I want to be doing for the next five years.  I am a weird place right now where I feel like I need to be a bit more independent but feel like it isn't feasible in todays economy.  Part of me wonders what life would be like if things were different, but I am actually enjoying living at home.  I spent college and grad school on  my own, and am enjoying the chance to get to know my parents as an adult rather than a high school student.  

With those thoughts in mind I went on a long drive yesterday.  I drove along the Crest which is my favorite place to think, and I saw my dream house.  I think I want to stay in the area, but who knows.

Well now that I have bored y'all with my rambling, stay tuned.  I promise I will have more amusing posts in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for a blog! This is gonna be good! I am going to add you to my reading list!

    And you will cherish this time with your parents, for sure.

    I feel you on the economic situation right now. I can't even get a job as as secretary. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a blog is a great idea... a chance to let the world in on the wacky, wonderful world that is "Sarahland!" It's surprising that you're missing your students... you really must be getting over those "first year blues." Personally, I'm glad you'll be in town for a while. I'm in the last of the weddings this weekend, then I should have more free time. I hope we'll get to hang out more.

    Love ya, and look forward to following you!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Followers