Well we have reached the end of the school year. I have one week of regular class and then finals. I have to realize that I can't teach them anymore, and it is now up to my students to work until the end. This is hard for me. I have really come to see my students as my "kids" and will miss all of them, well at least most of them. I will see a lot of my 10th graders again next year seeing as how I teach 11th grade too, but we will see. My 11th graders this week told me they want me to teach 12th grade so they can have me again, which made me feel good because that means they have come to like me as much as I like them. I always seem to have a student just stopping by to say hello, which to be honest makes my day. When I was student teaching the English department head said once that this is the only job where hearing someone yell your name down the hall is a good thing, and he is right. I love it when I am walking down the hall and I hear one of my kids yell "Miss Coles!" I admittedly have had are hard time this year adjusting but I am starting to get used to fit in. I still have some kinks to work out, but I am excited about next year. I have a lot of changes to make to hopefully make my class that much better, but I can't wait!
As I look ahead to summer I am trying to figure out what to do with myself. Those of you that know me well know that idle time is not something that I need to have. I was hoping to take fencing lessons, but I have softball until June now, so it looks like that is out. I will be running of course, but what else to keep myself busy. Any ideas? I need a project.
I wish you all a great end of the school year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Followers
My Blog List
-
-
September7 years ago
-
Larkin Family Vacay10 years ago
-
We are Alive!13 years ago
-
-
Love Came Down14 years ago
-
-
-
Out from the fog...16 years ago
-
-
Starting Senior Year17 years ago
-
Beautiful kids!17 years ago
-

Come work for me this summer! I'm currently hiring teachers for our AWESOME summer camp. Part-time (12 -5) from June 2nd to July 3rd. Then Full-time (8 - 5) from July 6th - 31st. It is going to be a GREAT summer! Art, Music, Computer Science, Sports... you name it, we'll do it. The curriculum is already done... so no planning on your part. We will work with kids in the Fairfield City Schools. If you're interested, email me ASAP at niven.melissa@gmail.com. I'm doing interviews right now!
ReplyDeleteLove you gal.
So glad to hear that you're adjusting.... and that they love you! (I knew they would... we all do!
Melissa
Well I have rehearsal all summer, and I am going on vacation for two weeks. Then of course I have band camp. But it does sound cool.
ReplyDelete