It is 3 AM and I can't sleep so I have decided to blog. I haven't posted in awhile because I haven't felt that I had anything interesting to say, but I am vowing to try and post more frequently. To that end I have decided to set some boundaries for myself, I think part of my problem was that I simply didn't know what to say, I mean what is this blog about anyways? So to that end I have decided to list my passions. This blog will be about the top 5 things I tend to go on diatribes about (those of you who know me well know exactly what I mean).
One day a couple of years ago my friend Sarah Joy told me that I was very passionate. I guess she meant that when I have strong feelings about something everyone will know about it - I have no problem expressing myself. Right Theology girls! :) Anyways here are some things that are currently important in my life right now.
1) God - I love Jesus! On Sunday Pam asked me what God was teaching me right now and to be honest I really don't know. I think I am in one of those places where I can't see right now how he is shaping my life but when I look back in 50 years it will be so clear. But to that I end I believe that Jesus came to earth to die for our sins and he was raised on the third day. The only way to heaven is through him, and we are all justified through grace once we accept Christ into our lives. If anyone reading this right now has any questions about this feel free to email me your questions, I would love to share more fully with you.
2) Friends and Family - HEY! I have great friends and family. I love them all, they have been great with my little journey of self-discovery that I am on. I don't know what I would do with y'all.
3) History - that's right I am a nerd! I have a BA in history and a MEd in secondary ed with an emphasis in history. I also love to read history books. I am currently reading Dr.Shelly's Church History in Plain English and Sarah Vowell's Wordy Shipmates. While I have many things to say about Dr. Shelly's book (I think the theology girls are rolling their eyes at the moment), am I actualy going to talk about Vowell's book. I think she has done a wonderful job with this book, I liked Assasination Vacation better but this is a good work. She has managed to make the Puritian's look more human and made me laugh throughout the book (but it is probably a nerdy history geek laugh). My only concern is that while I would be able to find every source she uses readily enough, she tells me where things are from, she has no formal citations. So Sarah if you are reading this, can I get a copy with citations. I tend to get a bit over zelos about those things.
4) NO CHINA - not the country I think the people are lovely, but no Chinese products! Those of you that have been shopping with me know that I tend to look at lables. For the past two years I have been staging my own protest against Chinese products. What started as simply a way to try and encourage companies to pull out manufacturing out of China, has become a bit of a one-woman mission. The reason I do this is not because I feel that the Chinese people make a bad product as some have accused me of, but because of human rights violations in the country. Currently the government is forcing all of its citizens install an internet filter on their computers. This filter will only allow the Chinese people to view sites that the government feels is approriate, I guess mine is out since I am on this diatribe about the government right now. There have also been massive forced abortions, people forced out of their homes for no reason, and various other violations. To that end I try to buy clothing and other products that are not made in China. A good company that I have been using lately for cloting is Lucky Brand. They are produced in America, so is American Apparel.
And lastly 5) Food - mmmmm! I love food, I do. I enjoy eating. I have also noticed over that last few weeks I enjoy eating like a 3rd grader. To those ends I have been trying to find recipes that I would like that are healthy versions of what I like. As I find them I intend to post them on my site, and do a quick review to let you know if they are good or not.
Anyways, I guess my super long post is done. I hope that I have enlightened you, and maybe made those of you that know me well chuckle a bit at my "passion." Have a great night, I will be back soon, hopefully.
Friday, July 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Followers
My Blog List
-
-
September7 years ago
-
Larkin Family Vacay10 years ago
-
We are Alive!13 years ago
-
-
Love Came Down14 years ago
-
-
-
Out from the fog...16 years ago
-
-
Starting Senior Year17 years ago
-
Beautiful kids!17 years ago
-

No comments:
Post a Comment