The fall festival was great. I went to the Aldridge Gardens with Erin and got a chance to see all the fun scarecrows that were set up. The Gardens had a contest this month for the most creative scarecrows, there were some really good ones. The trees were also just starting to turn, so I got some great pictures of the changing leaves.
I got to carve a pumpkin this week as well. Now some of you might not think this is a big deal, but there is a bit of a caveat to this story. As I think has been conveyed in previous posts I am a bit of a klutz. For this reason I am actually not allowed to use a knife at home. It is one of the few rules that I still have as a 26-year-old. Sad I know, but I am notorious for cutting my hand open. So this weekend I went to my Sunday School party, which happened to be a pumpkin carving party. Under the supervision of Erin and Chris the future surgeon near by I was able to carve my own pumpkin. And here it is!
Today has been a crazy day in the job search. First of all, for those of you wondering where I am in my total onslaught on American museums, I am currently working on Texas. I am 7 states down and I have 43 to go! Besides my usual checking on the museum job databases, and Texas mailings I did a few other jobby things today. I applied today for a holiday job at Jo-Ann Fabrics, so if I am working there and you are feeling crafty come visit. Then, I think because I gave up and went retail today, Moundville in T-Town called me today for an interview. It is Thursday so hopefully it will go well. I was also finally able to get my resume to the education director at the Birmingham Botanical Gardens for some educational volunteer work. Resume builder (sorry Brad, I know we talked about true volunteer work on Sunday in Sunday School, but I need to build that resume up!) And if that wasn't enough for one day, I worked on a project proposal for a job with the a museum in New Mexico. They got my resume a few weeks ago and asked me to answer some more questions and give them an outline of what I would want to do if I received a job there. I was a really exciting exercise to just let my mind go wild with ideas, but I had to keep it to one page, which was hard for me. (Can you tell I am long winded?)

hahah.. this is great!! --- oddly i never got an update when you posted it.. sadface... i'm gonna re-add your blog
ReplyDelete