Today I had lunch with Erin and we were talking about how to use all the left overs after Thursday. One of the things I said I like doing is putting some of the left-over turkey into my white chili. It was requested that I post the recipe, so here it goes, how you enjoy! I follow all the directions I just substitute cooked turkey for the chicken. Also I usually serve with corn bread, so I just throw any left over creamed corn from making the corn bread into the chili.
White Bean, Chicken Chili
3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 tsp olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 can (15 oz) Great Northern White Beans
1 can (19 oz) Cannellini Beans
1 can (15 oz) Garbonzos (optional)
1 can (4 1/2 oz) chopped green chilies
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp white pepper
1/8 tsp chili powder
14 oz chicken broth
1) Heat oil on medium in a Dutch oven or soup pot. Peel and coarsely chop the onion, adding it to the pot.
2) Cut the chicken into bite-size chunks, add them to the pot and stir occasionally. Add the garlic and continue to cook, stirring occasionally.
3) While the chicken cook, rinse and drain the beans and drain the chilies. Add the chilies to the pot along with the cumin, white pepper and chili powder. Raise the heat to high, and add the broth and beans. Cover the pot and bring to a boil.
4) Garnish as desired
Anyone else have any great left over turkey ideas?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Followers
My Blog List
-
-
September7 years ago
-
Larkin Family Vacay10 years ago
-
We are Alive!13 years ago
-
-
Love Came Down14 years ago
-
-
-
Out from the fog...16 years ago
-
-
Starting Senior Year17 years ago
-
Beautiful kids!17 years ago
-

so doing this.. i've never even heard of cannellini beans but yeah no prob... i dont have white pepper either but just reading this i am getting hungry hahaha
ReplyDelete