Saturday, May 29, 2010

You just can't trust me....

I know, I know it has been over a month since my last post.  I have been super busy, the museum has been busy and I have also been working at the Science Museum.  I think I have only had a hand full of days off since my last post, and those have been spent trying to get things done (you know like laundry).  But I have a whole litany of things to tell you all, so I am hoping to do a few posts in the next few days. 

The first thing I thought I would relate is a story that is so me I can't believe it.  Last week I took a group of middle school students to the Barnacle (you can see more pictures at my other blog).  When I arrived there I parked and went to the ranger station to get a key to the 100-year-old house.  I was granted a key and went to open things up.  After opening the house Rob (the other museum worker I was with) and I went to go set up and wait for the students to show up.  While there we started to look at a bird neither of us had seen before and I quickly forgot about the key to the house.  When the students arrived we started to tour.  About half way through the tour I realized I didn't have the key to the house.  After we finished I had to go admit to the rangers that I had lost the key to the oldest house in Miami.  We did eventually find the keys out on the street leading into the park, but it was definitely an embarrassing moment that makes me me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers