Hello All. I realize now I am living in Miami, and am not great about communication, this may be the only way some of you know what is going on with me. So, I have finally made myself sit down and do a catch-up post.
Work: Things are going well. I am still settling in, but I really like what I am doing and am hoping to stay on at the Museum for awhile. We had a big staff meeting two weeks ago where we talked about the next five years and it was all really exciting. I feel that if I can last those five years here in Miami I could really do great things at the Museum. I have also been looking for ways to get some more experience in the museum field. To that end I have been looking for some volunteer opportunities at other museums in town. While at first I had some set backs I have found a great opportunity. I have an interview this coming week for a 6-wk internship at MiaSci, the Miami Science Museum, to work on their summer camp curriculum. I have also been doing some tutoring on the side to make ends meet.
Housing: I was able to find a house on CraigsList in Coral Gables. I have been living here now for a month and a half. I am having some roommate issues, and will most likely be looking for some place new this summer when my lease is up. But I have a roof over my head and food in my stomach, so I am doing ok.
Church: I have been going to University Baptist Church. I really like it. It is a more modern service than HSBC, but the people are all really nice and the preaching is on point theologically. I have also joined a girls small group that meets on Friday nights. So I may not have a date, but at least I have some place to go on Fridays.
School: that's right I said school. I have been threatening to go back to school for about a year now. So I finally got off my duff and sent in an application of University of Miami. I will hopefully be persuing my Masters of Arts in Liberal Studies this fall. The program is a Masters in the Humanities, so I will be studying art, history, literature, and philosophy - everything that makes my inner nerd sing. Also this will give me something to do as I wait for things at work to happen.
Well I think that is what I have been up to lately. Shoot me an email if you want more info. Love Yall.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Followers
My Blog List
-
-
September7 years ago
-
Larkin Family Vacay10 years ago
-
We are Alive!13 years ago
-
-
Love Came Down14 years ago
-
-
-
Out from the fog...16 years ago
-
-
Starting Senior Year17 years ago
-
Beautiful kids!17 years ago
-

No comments:
Post a Comment