First of all, let me appologize for my long absence. I have been a bit busy this fall with work and school. I promise to try to catch you all up over the next week as I have some time off because of the holiday.
My first post back will be about Art Basel. Art Basel is a week long phenomenon that takes over Miami and Miami Beach in early December every year. It is basically a city wide art fair. There are dozens of individual art fairs going on all over the city, but it is pretty much called the all encompasing Art Basel by Miamians. Being employed by the arts I received free passes for a few events, and my friend Thuvia and I went and investigated some of the goings on.
Mostly we checked out the outdoor art around the beach. It was a great day for walking around, and we enjoyed ourselves. My favorite were the giant pink snails that dotted all of Miami Beach.
We also visited our friend Bob's studio. He is one of the preparators at the museum, but he owns a gallery on Espenola way. He houses a few other artists in his gallery along with himself, it gave a more personal twist to Art Basel.
Anyways, I should go work on dinner. For more pictures check out my other blog.
Saturday, December 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Followers
My Blog List
-
-
September7 years ago
-
Larkin Family Vacay10 years ago
-
We are Alive!13 years ago
-
-
Love Came Down14 years ago
-
-
-
Out from the fog...16 years ago
-
-
Starting Senior Year17 years ago
-
Beautiful kids!17 years ago
-

No comments:
Post a Comment