This is another recipe I used the green beans for. I'm not sure where the original of this one came from, sorry.
Beef Strips with Orange and Ginger
1/2 lb lean beef rump, fillet, or sirloin, cut into strips
finely grated rind and juice of 1 orange
1 Tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp grated ginger
2 tsp sesame oil
1 large carrot, cut into thin strips (I actually used baby carrots because that is what I had.)
1/2 lb green beans, tipped and tailed
1) Place beef strips in a bowl and sprinkle over the orange rind and juice. If possible, leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
2) Drain the liquid from the meat and set aside, then mix the meat with the soy sauce, cornstarch, and ginger.
3) Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan and add the beef. Stir-fry for 1 minute until lightly colored, then add the carrot and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes more.
4) Stir in the scallions and reserved liquid, then cook, stirring, until boiling and thickened.
5) Serve hot with brown rice.
Total cost: $5.46, make 3 servings for a cost of $1.82 per serving.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Followers
My Blog List
-
-
September7 years ago
-
Larkin Family Vacay10 years ago
-
We are Alive!13 years ago
-
-
Love Came Down14 years ago
-
-
-
Out from the fog...16 years ago
-
-
Starting Senior Year17 years ago
-
Beautiful kids!17 years ago
-

No comments:
Post a Comment