Sunday, August 9, 2009

So you want to trim a Japanese Maple?

So this past week I have been trying to find things to do with myself, I am starting to get pretty bored. I don't do well with down time, so I have been giving myself projects. One of the things I have decided to do is to go to a class at Aldridge Gardens, the story of how this went down is pretty funny so I thought I would share it.

On Thursday I called Aldridge Gardens to sign up for a "make your own herbal vinegar" class. When I called this old lady answered "K-mart." So of course my first reaction is to ask "is this Aldridge Gardens?" which she said yes to, I started to wonder if I was starting to go crazy but as the story goes on you will see it wasn't me. I informed her that I was calling to sign up for the vinegar class, and she goes to the notebook to look for the class and she keeps asking me if I was wanting to sign up for trimming a Japanese Maple. After finally convincing her that I really did want to make my own vinegar she tried to get my phone number. Now this took a few minutes because she would repeat the number back to me and it didn't even have numbers that are in my phone number. Once the phone number was down we then went on to give her my credit card number. Now I was starting to worry about this since the phone number was such an ordeal. I managed to give her the first four numbers of my credit card and then she said that was great and hoped I would have a great day. I tried to tell her I wasn't done yet, so she started to ask me a bunch more questions. After 10 minutes on the phone she said we were all set so she hung up. About 15 minutes later the head of the education department which runs the class called me because the lady had written down all my information down wrong. I am pretty excited about the class but I got a pretty good laugh trying to sign up. I'll let y'all know on Wednesday how the class goes, maybe I will try to get my picture with the volunteer I spoke to on the phone. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers