I found this in my mom's recipe binder when I was looking for stuff before I left for Miami. Not sure where it came from though. After I made it I thought about adding some snow peas - it needed some green. Also, one of my new years resolutions was to eat more vegetables, so I am sure the up coming recipes will be including ways to add more vegetables.
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp finely chopped garlic
1 lb sirloin top, cut into pieces
3-4 medium carrots, cut into pieces
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 large red onion, cut into pieces
1) In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, sugar, black pepper, and garlic. Add meat and set aside for 15 minutes.
2) Transfer mixture to a pan. Brown meat.
3) Once meat is mostly cooked add the vegetables.
4) Serve with brown rice.
Makes 7 servings. Total cost: $6.15, so $0.88 per serving.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Followers
My Blog List
-
-
September7 years ago
-
Larkin Family Vacay10 years ago
-
We are Alive!13 years ago
-
-
Love Came Down14 years ago
-
-
-
Out from the fog...16 years ago
-
-
Starting Senior Year17 years ago
-
Beautiful kids!17 years ago
-

No comments:
Post a Comment