Sunday, January 16, 2011

Vegetable Soup

Sorry, with all the excitement of the swap I forgot to take a picture. 

This is adapted from a recipe I found in a cook book by Terry Walters called "Clean Food."

Olive oil
2 stalks of celery, chopped
1/2 a red onion, chopped
5 carrots, chopped
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 tsp cayanne pepper
1 tsp cumin
2 cans vegetable stock
2 cans diced tomatoes
2 cans black beans, drained
2 cups mushrooms, sliced
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 yellow bell pepper, chopped

1) Saute celery, onion, carrots, and garlic in the olive oil
2) Add cayanne pepper, and cumin.   Cook for 8 minutes, stir constantly to prevent the garlic from burning.
3) Add remaining ingredients.  Simmer for 30 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, total cost for this was $8.16, and it made 9 servings, so something like 90 cents a serving, I think my cheapest meal yet!

    ReplyDelete

Followers