So living with a new set of people has opened my eyes to just how neurotic I am. I also have noticed that my habits have changed a lot since the last time I had roommates - junior year in college, so 2003-2004. I have grown up since then, and I started to think if I have a moment that I emerged into adulthood. One thing I thought of was when I decided to start making my bed everyday. Now when we are growing up we are reminded by our moms to make our beds, then when we go off to school comforters are strewn at the ends of beds with reckless abandon. Well this summer I was making my bed about half of the time, but not real consistent about it. However that all changed in September.....
Let me set the sceen, I had been put on a new medication, and as some of you know those things make me a bit loopy. So one morning I had just gotten in from a run and was sitting on my unmade bed icing my foot with a bag of peas. I then decided to make my bed and hop into the shower. That night I was exhausted and started to crawl into bed. When I pulled back my sheets there was the bag of "frozen" peas. They had melted and soaked my bed. My first thought was to get rid of the peas, but then I had a mess to deal with. I stripped the bed and put the sheets into the washer, and turned to my wet mattress. Well any logical person would have thought hair dryer, but as a fore said a bit loopy. So I decided that the step on with a towel method would work best. But I didn't have a full sized towel in my room - why getting one out of the laundry room, which I had already been in to put my sheets in the washer, didn't occur to me I don't know. So I used a wash-cloth. So I was stepping on a small wash-cloth on top of my mattress, and I kept banging my head on the ceiling fan. I eventually was able to go to bed that night, but I started making my bed as soon as I got up every morning.
So that is one moment in my life that I can turn to and think, I became an adult that day. How about y'all, any funny growing up stories?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Followers
My Blog List
-
-
September7 years ago
-
Larkin Family Vacay10 years ago
-
We are Alive!13 years ago
-
-
Love Came Down14 years ago
-
-
-
Out from the fog...16 years ago
-
-
Starting Senior Year17 years ago
-
Beautiful kids!17 years ago
-

No comments:
Post a Comment