Well we have reached the end of my week of eating in. I made it with only one slip up involving pancakes. Today I went to the Asian Cultural Festival, I had a lot of chances to eat there, but I stuck to my guns. (More about the festival in the next paragraph). So for lunch today I had my usual PB&J, and for dinner I had some tortellini and tomato sauce, and then a salad. The meal cost me $3.17, in a restaurant the same meal would have been at least $12.00, so I saved $8.83. This brings my estimated meal savings for the week to $38.43. I think I did pretty good, and I challenge y'all to the same thing and see how much you save. I have also lost weight this week, so that is an added bonus, and I don't feel like I starved myself in the process, I am just eating healthier.
So yesterday when I was at the farmers market I picked up a copy of Edible South Florida. The magazine has a calendar of events going on around the city and a festival was listed for today. It was the Asian Cultural Festival. At the festival there were LOTS of food and vendors from around town. Also all the Asian countries that have consulates in town had booths. The different country's booths had art and information about the different countries. There was also a tent with traditional dancing. All in all I had an eventful day. Tomorrow the work week starts back over, so who knows what I will be up to, but as in any new job it will be an adventure.
Sunday, March 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Followers
My Blog List
-
-
September7 years ago
-
Larkin Family Vacay10 years ago
-
We are Alive!13 years ago
-
-
Love Came Down14 years ago
-
-
-
Out from the fog...16 years ago
-
-
Starting Senior Year17 years ago
-
Beautiful kids!17 years ago
-

No comments:
Post a Comment